Thursday, March 17, 2011

change of plans!

According to my last post, one would expect that I would be hitting the books here in a few short months studying to be a physical therapist. Since November and until recently that is exactly what I had planned to do. With one acceptance letter in hand and my confidence that this was God's plan for me building, I was waiting expectantly for an acceptance letter from my top choice of schools, Texas State University. My sweet, supportive husband was equally confident. In fact, he was so confident that he went and found an amazing job in the area and even talked to a realtor about finding us a house.

Our original plan was to go wherever I got into school and wherever Andrew found the best job. The "and" became an "or", however, when I received a thin, depressing rejection letter instead of a bulky, exciting acceptance letter.

Amazing job for Andrew after working so hard to get through vet school...

OR

Physical therapy school and exciting future career for me.

One of us had to make a huge sacrifice. After crying a little (or a lot), seeking wise counsel, carefully weighing our options, praying and waiting to hear God's still small voice, we made a decision that we both feel at peace about. We are taking the job offered to Andrew and moving to Lockhart, Texas. I can honestly say that I am very excited about our decision and the future that the Lord holds for us there. That's not to say that it hasn't been hard or that I haven't had doubts, but I am determined to trust in God's sovereignty and provision. There are still a lot of questions and uncertainties but I know that God's plans are greater than anything I can come up with!

Nothing is out of God's control. He uses trials and disappointments (and good things too!) to bring us into closer relationship with Himself. We don't always get to see the bigger picture but we can trust that this is all part of His great masterpiece.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment